Even though I was only gone for 4 days, it feels like I was gone for a week! The trip there was uneventful. I made it through the mass transit system fairly easily and checked into my really charming hotel that turned out to be just a few minutes walk from the Metro station and from the Hospital and classrooms I would be visiting. I was able to meet up with a few people from the group for "dinner and drinks" and get to know some of my new classmates. I met a woman from Long Beach, she teaches nursing at UCI. The following morning we met the entire group and the administrators of the program. Orientation was pretty much like every orientation, 2 parts boring, 1 part useful. The best part of the entire three days was meeting and beginning friendships with the other people in the cohort. There was another woman from this area, Diane, who lives in Canyon Country and is also a grad from the CSUN program! I really liked her and I'm glad I will have someone fairly nearby to commiserate with me. There were two young men from Utah in the group and while I didn't really get a chance to meet them, at least one of them I feel fairly certain is LDS. There were lots of really great people, a super fun gal from Austin, some great gals from NY, etc., and I am looking forward to getting to know them better. On Tuesday night I met up with Judy Witkin who is living in DC now. We got to have dinner together and it was nice catching up with her.
My trip home was lengthy (10 hours) but uneventful. When I first got to the airport, there was another woman from my cohort there and we were able to have lunch together which was very nice. Her name is Mary-Michael. I love that name! She used to live in La Jolla but she's now local to the DC area.
During this whole trip I managed to completely read the first two books of that vampire series Twilight. They are just so much fluff but kind of fun to read and amazingly speedy. So now I must finish the series very quickly before school starts next week.
And that brings me to the UGH factor, as in "Ugh, what have I gotten myself into?" Lots of work. We'll see!!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment