Our Stateroom - very small for 4 grown women, one bed came down out of the ceiling, and another (the one I slept on) was a fold out arm chair.
This display welcomed us in the Windjammer, where we had our lunch.
San Diego skyline as we set sail.

First dinner on board: Me, Velda, Li-Chym and Judy

Formal Night

Velda and I only "partook" of some of the entertainment one night - it was wild, and very funny, but I won't even try and explain it. A photo is worth a thousand words (and yes, those are passengers):

Rounding "Land's End" as we sail around the point into the Bay. Note our escort.
After a bit of shopping, Velda and I spent most of the day relaxing on the beach and being pestered by vendors.



Our attendant was a whiz at "towel folding" One night he left a swan, and one night, a towel monkey:
In the end I would say that the food was just okay - not bad, not memorable - and there was (unfortunately) too much of it. If you like hanging around a fancy hotel or hanging out in Vegas, this is your kind of vacation. I've had more luxury without being constantly nickle and dimed for stuff (paid $27 for "unlimited" soda pop, still cheaper than $2.25 plus tip per drink). Still I might consider a cruise again if it was to Alaska. And I did enjoy feeling the sway of the ship, and sitting in the solarium watching the ocean, seeing flying fish and a whale blow (from a distance.) And I enjoyed my massage in the spa! Mostly I enjoyed spending time with my friends. The CE classes were just okay, but it's hard to complain about CEs you earn while practically on vacation!






No comments:
Post a Comment