Monday, May 03, 2010

One more down

Semester that is. Have to take one course over the summer AND I have to rev up on my research project so I don't get to rest much. But the light is definitely at the end of the tunnel. After this summer course is over, I will have no more didactic courses - it's all just my capstone project!

I actually sewed this weekend. First time in I can't even remember when. It felt great. I do have a "to do" list I need to work on: pack up Skyler's bedroom in preparation for Nick, Jamie and kids, and rearrange the sewing room to make it safe for "ditto."

Kitchen is still not quite done. Undercounter lighting still needs to be done, still waiting on the end panels (false fronts), and there are a few little finishing touches that need to be done - a paint dab here and there, things like that.

Skyler and Sarah are in Provo right now for Skyler's internship. He let me know today that he has been offered a 6 month contract! He is trying to see if he can make that work with his school; it would mean some good money and benefits, not to mention a good resume builder, so he is hoping he can make it work.

Natalie has been getting quite a bit of massage work lately. Chelsea and Trenton are close to the end of their semester and already planning their summer school schedules. Working hard!

4 comments:

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

Nick and Jordan have been checking out housing in Provo as well... She starts school this fall. jan

Queen Bee said...

Yes, Jordan told me that. Sounds exciting for them. I think that they may overlap a bit with Skyler and Sarah so hopefully they will be able to visit!

Julie said...

Is Nick's family coming to visit or moving back?

Queen Bee said...

Coming for the summer only - but we are so happy to have them! More later. xo