I notice that I did not write anything about our Thanksgiving trip to Cambria. I don't really have many photos from that trip but we had a great time. Martin rented a really beautiful home with an ocean view and an open floor plan. The kitchen was well appointed so cooking the big meal was a breeze. Everyone was there except the Boston crew. We had some rain while we were there that dampened a bit of the activities, but we had a beautiful day when we toured Hearst Castle and we did go take a look at the sea lions. We ate and rested and generally enjoyed being together as a family.
Christmas was spent in Boston with Nick, Jamie and the little ones. We took a red-eye out of LAX on Wednesday the 22nd. The flight was delayed and we didn't actually manage to get to Nick and Jamie's until a little after noon. From there we all headed down to Mr. Bartley's in Harvard Square for burgers (and raspberry lime rickeys for some of us). This gave us an opportunity to show Natalie that area. Christmas Eve was spent playing with the little ones, eating a delicious dinner prepared by Jamie, and attending a special presentation at the kids' Ward. Christmas morning was loads of fun and I think all the gifts were a big hit. Christmas mornings are just so much fun when there are children! We were scheduled to return to LA on Sunday late, but Boston took a hit from a blizzard that closed down the airport. It gave us an opportunity to spend one more day with the family and Natalie, Nick and Jamie went out into Boston proper to get some sightseeing done and pick up cannolis from Mike's Pastry. We had a very long day of traveling home on Monday. Unfortunately, by the time I got home I had a full blown cold, probably the same one Natalie had been battling while we were in Boston. All in all a really lovely Christmas that Nick and Jamie made special effort to make very special for us. I just wish Boston wasn't quite so far away.
Being sick the week between Christmas and New Year is a bummer. I have all this time off, but can't really enjoy it. New Year's Eve was quiet, just the two of us watching movies and eating soup, chips and quacamole. Today I will make the annual oliebollen, because it just wouldn't be New Years without it! It will unfortunately take me a month to get rid of all these excess holiday "baggage" I have accumulated. LOL!
Hope that your holidays were wonderful and here's to a very good 2011 for all of us!














2 comments:
You've got some seriously cute grand kids!! I'm glad that you got to have an enjoyable holiday.
What fun you had! I LOVE the photo of Andrew and his tool bench and the one of Sadie looking up at you... Well... that one brought a tear to my eye! Man! they got dumped on with the snow!
Happy New Year, dear friend ... jan
Post a Comment