This introduction page was written by Moroni after all the other pages of the Book had been recorded. Interesting. I wonder, why? So, it summarizes the purpose of the book. It is usually taught that the purpose of the book is near the end of the second paragraph: "...the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that JESUS is the CHRIST, the ETERNAL GOD, ...". If we read the whole paragraph we can see that there is a list of 4 reasons for the book, and that this is the Last reason. The first 3 (possibly also more important since they are listed before) are: 1) "show remnant of House of Israel (that's us, today) what great things the Lord has done for their fathers," 2) "that they may know the covenants of the Lord", and 3) "that they may know...that they are not cast off forever...". Each of these reasons is thought provoking. Personally, I like no 3. It reminds me that there is always hope for me. That I can still make it into the Celestial kingdom. I find it generous of God, and makes me want to start over each time I let him down.
I'm going to read the book this time looking for God's generosity. I'll let you know what I find.
Love
Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment