Sunday, March 01, 2009

Asilomar report

My latest story quilt is small scale (just a bit larger than "Nana in Waiting"). The inspiration is an old photo of Chelsea and Skyler when they were very small playing rock and roll band with the neighbor girls Katie and Carrie Ockander. They were using various toys as instruments, including an old Fisher Price toy vacuum. I am calling it "Joyful Noise" - although at first I thought I would call it "I'm just a singer in a Rock n Roll Band."

I also finished piecing the turtle quilt I made for Andrew - THE hardest darned quilt ever. I'll post photos later. I'm still suffering post traumatic shock from working on it.

I even have an inspiration for my NEXT story quilt, but you'll have to wait to hear about that one . . .

Asilomar was as gorgeous and therapeutic as ever. Actually more so because it was just 9 good friends, no teachers, no pressures, just food, chocolate, fabric and laughter.

2 comments:

Katie Wells said...

I totally remember playing in that band. I think we should have gone pro!

Carrie Lommasson said...

Oh, this is soooooooooo cool. I LOVE it! You are quite an awesome quilter. I wish I could do that.