Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hot day in June

Just checking in to the old blog. I'm on call this weekend and find it hard to concentrate on any one thing with the pager going off every now and then. It's amazing to me how much time I can waste on the computer. It's hotter than heck outside and I have a feeling that Texas will be worse. I can't say I'm too excited about Texas, but I am looking forward to getting away. I just wish it was to a beach somewhere. I am looking forward to being with all the kids and to getting to know my future daughter Sarah better. And we can talk wedding stuff, too! I also get to have a whole weekend with Andrew, and it doesn't get much better than that. I have to get my fill of him before he moves away in a few months.

Not a whole lot of news. I had a conference call with the department head at GWU talking about the next two years of school. My plan to spend the final year in the palliatve care program may not work out. I'll know more after next Thursday. If it does not work out, I'll have to go back to the drawing board to think about my capstone project. I have a glimmer of an idea to do something with Advance Directives in the skilled nursing facilities. Maybe. The spirituality at end of life class has about four more weeks left and I have two papers to work on. I'm having a hard time getting the energy up for it. I have to write a paper on Theravada Buddhism and suffering and then a final paper on a concept related to the spiritual care of the dying (but I have no idea which concept I will choose.) Instead of doing school work, I've been wasting time on the computer and reading the Wheel of Time books that Nick got me into.

Family updates: Nothing really new with Nick and Jamie - just getting closer and closer to the move. Andrew is still the world's cutest baby. He's crawling now and he recognizes his Nana and gives me a big smile when he sees me. What more could I want? Natalie has been picking up work with Mark DiPadova, still trying to get her massage therapy business going - that's the sort of thing that takes time - and she's been playing softball with a local team. Chelsea is shouldering the financial load for their little family for a month while Trenton takes his final class at Moorpark. The summer class is long and intense but the payoff will be wonderful when he joins Chelsea at CSUN in the fall. Skyler - well - I'm lucky to get a word or two from him here and there as he spends all his free time with Sarah. He'll be home at the end of July, just a few weeks before the wedding. He's worried about finding work in Idaho now that he will have new responsibilities, and he continues to work with PPL. He puts his trust in the Lord and I'm sure it will all work out for both of them.

It's the busy season for Martin and that is a good thing. I'm still over at Country Villa Sheraton and won't move over to Country Villa Woodman until September. While I'm looking forward to working with Dr. Randeria again, I am not looking forward to leaving CV Sheraton and moving over to Woodman. Sheraton is a very well run, clean place with a good nursing staff. We'll have our work cut out for us at Woodman.

I'm excited to do more planning of the wedding reception. I've got a lot of ideas and need to start solidifying them. I'm going to pick Pam Pierson's brain. After I'm back from Texas, we'll start the real work of it. I'll be pressing friends into service, I know. So, be waiting for the phone call!

No comments: