Sunday, April 11, 2010

A working kitchen!

The kitchen is finished with just a few exceptions: still need the under cabinet lighting installed; there's a switch complex that needs a plate (but first needs to be tweaked a bit to get the plate to fit); and all the decorator panels that Kraftmaid and Home Depot are paying for to fix our end panel issues are not yet here/installed. But as of this afternoon, all the boxes are unpacked (I am giving three large boxes of "stuff" away and two large boxes are going into the trash) and I am moved into my new kitchen. I love the way it looks, and I will just have to adjust to some of the weird size issues and storage issues that I've discovered, (including things like I can't really put my pots and pans away with the dishwasher door OPEN and I have to lay my big stock pot on it's SIDE because no single place is big enough, and my drawers are too shallow for the baggie box to sit upright . . . well you get the idea.)





5 comments:

Karen said...

Looks lovely, you must be thrilled.

Lindsey said...

It's beautiful Debi! You did a great job. And you'll figure out all those "space issues."

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

HURRAY!!!!! What is the name of your granite? Looks familiar. I guess each vendor has their own name but by chance is it Crema bourdou (or some such spelling) I hope you like yours as much as I do mine. New is fun!!!! jan

Queen Bee said...

Jan, the name of the granite is Katana Pearl. It's kind of a medium toned olive green color, with some gold, black and gray highlights.

Julie said...

Love the new kitchen. You deserve it!