Monday, August 01, 2005
Newport Beach Temple Trip
The temple is beautiful...who would expect less. Several things impressed me:1. The building exterior blends in with the neighboring buildings in color and archetectural style, except for the tower & Moroni statue. At first I was a little disappointed, as I always imagine temples to be the most striking in the area, symbolic of all people looking toward & focusing on the temple. But as I walked through the inside and saw the beauty therein, I realized that the symbolism of this temple is that many things are plain, or ugly on the outside, but beautiful on the inside. The outside also symbolising the temporal world, and the inside representing the spiritual world of the gospel. Reminds me about the scripture of how looks upon our heart more than our outside.2. The inside was beautiful and rich in quality. It felt "solid" and clean in there. of course, other than people talking, it was peaceful and mostly quiet. There was order to the floorplan. However, it definitely felt different than any other temple I ahve been in. I realized this difference was because this building had not be "dedicated". I realized that there is something very different about a building that has been dedicated. And so for people. Those that dedicate their lives to some purpose bigger than their own interests seem to have a special aura or feel about them. It is comforting, and reassuring, in many ways. Those that dedicate themselves to only themselves manytimes have an uneasy feel about them, or maybe no particular feel at all. They are just there, probably very nice, but just there.3. Either way, going through a rtemple, walking the grounds, can be a Life Improving Experience (LIE). It was for me, on Saturday. Glad I shared it with nancy, Jim & Skyler.I hope you all make it a priority to go and be there for a short while.Love,Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
It's pretty easy to edit your own comments by going through the Blogger Dashboard. I thought it best to remove this entry from Family Ties and move it here where it was intended to be.
Jamie and I went to the temple today. It is beautiful. It's "blending in" look from the outside was intended to comply with neighborhood demands and it is noticeably shorter than other temples. Also, not being white was somehow disconcerting, but then I've thought that of the Logan temple and some of the other brick temples I've seen photos of. The furnishings in this temple are the most beautiful I've seen. They done so many things with wood and I love that because wood is so rich and warm. I like these smaller temples. They have a very intimate feeling about them. I've always thought the LA temple feels just too big. And by the way, I really loved spending the day with you Jamie!!!!
Post a Comment