Monday, April 18, 2005

Hey gang

I have like 40 mins until my next class (sculpture) starts, so I'm at the library on the computers. The library here at SMC is really nice. I have my mobius strip at my feet, searching the internet for "how to emboss sheet metal". Not having much luck - looks like most embossing is done with thin sheets of metal. Embossing is like when you take a coin and press aluminum foil on it to get the image onto the foil. I want to emboss the phrase "from the beginning to the end" along the face of the mobius strip. I looked at gold/silver/copper leaves to press onto it (even spray painting the metallic paint onto the metal using patterns), but I really like the idea of embossing. Now, just to figure out how to do it. Perhaps my professor will have some good suggestions.

I'm stoked about my CSULB news. FINALLY get in to that place.

Jamie's been in Lake Havasu with her family since Friday night, and comes home tomorrow (Tuesday) night. I feel like a wuss but I really miss her.

Church was really good. The mission president spoke about cool Woodrow Wilson missionary stories, which reminded me of my mission, of course (not that I was any Woodrow Wilson, though). We're planning a campout for the YM from the 29th to the 30th of April. I'm really excited about this, but nervous because it doesn't look like many leaders will be able to make it. I should talk to the bishopric and see if any of them can come. We have like 15 boys who are really excited to go, too (by the way, like 5 of my boys play Magic! hahaha).

Love you guys.
Nick

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Nick, I'm confused about Woodrow Wilson. He was a US President. Do you mean Wilford Woodruff (I think?) Those names are confusing. I hope your instructor has a good solution re the embossing. There's got to be a way to do it. Do you guys get email from the site when someone posts? I do. Love mom