So instead of studying, I've been goofing off on the web. Found two cool services. One called Flicker (www.flickr.com) allows you to upload your photos instantly from your camera phone and will post them instantly to the blog. It also allows tagging. I think it seems much cooler than similar stuff around. I think it's a Yahoo Beta program. Also I read an article in Business Week about "social bookmarking" and so I found the referenced site/developer. Basically it lets you put your own labels on web sites you find so that you can find them again in contexts that make sense to you. Since it's public, others can contribute to those tags and eventually you'll have a whole new way of searching within context. Hard to explain but I think it's a great idea. http://del.icio.us/doc/about. I also like the idea of having my bookmarks on line so I can view them from wherever I am in the world so to speak. And on another trivial matter: does everyone like the polka dots? I was thinking about changing the blog template but I'd have to fiddle with it to keep my customizations. I think I made everyone an "administrator" so you can check under "settings" and see if there's a template you like better.
Yesterday was a clinical day, the last over at Motion Picture Home. Next week I will be at the VA in West LA. I still don't have a grade on that exam that I'm sure I bombed. But I finished the take home exam in pharmacology and I feel really good about my grasp of that information. I need to make flashcards though to memorize drug names. Today I have to do my eLogs (records of my clinical experience) and work on a case study.
Last night dad and I went out for sushi and then to see The Upside of Anger which I found to be a very interesting movie. I also watched The Stepford Wives (the new version) when dad was gone and enjoyed it immensely. The first Stepford Wives with Katherine Ross was sooooo creepy that I've never forgotten it. The new one is much more tongue in cheek and has a great twist at the end. I think whoever did the new one must have been bothered by the old one just like me!
Natalie, Chelsea and I had a lovely dinner together Wednesday night while dad was gone and then Thursday Natalie brought Dakota over for me to babysit. She also brought me an early Mother's Day gift - thanks Natalie! I love it. Skyler and I have chatted a bit on line. He STILL isn't publishing much on the blog . . . HINT HINT! He sounds like he's having a good time though.
I'm looking forward to hearing how Nick's campout and Natalie's trip to San Francisco went. Break the fast on Sunday!!
Saturday, April 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment