Monday, May 02, 2005

Color of Love

I guess we all know there is no correct answer to this question: "What is the color of Love?"

A close friend of ours (to remain unnamed) was asked this very question recently and replied: The color of love is Black! When asked to explain this seemingly odd choice, they (aha, thought I was going to give away the gender of this close friend, didn't you!) replied: "It is because black is all colors mixed together." Technically right, I guess, but somehow lacking.

As for me the color of love is...........................always changing. It has been the twinjkling color of Debi's eyes when I picked her up for dates when we were courting so many years ago. It has been the color of her skin when she held our first born for the first time at Hollywood Pres Hospital (as I was melting to the floor, amost fainting from the birthing experience). It has also been the color of Nick's smile, large, happy and friendly. Once or twice it has been wet, like the tears of dissapoinbtment on Nat's dusty cheeks after one lousy goal is scored, while 9,999 werre blocked. Often it is the color of Chelsea's cheeks when she laughs, so full of life, at one of our simple jokes. Recently it has been dyed into red, or black or brown, in Chelsea's ever changing hair, applied gently, artfully, and affectionately by her new siter-in-law. And the color of love has also been the stars in my eyes after Skyler had me in a titanium-like headlock for seemingly hours, taunting me all the while.

Wouldn't it be boring if love was just one color?

Love with all colors,
Dad

No comments: