Recently I became aware of a slang word "plonk" so I wanted to know what the heck that meant, being dangerously close to my made up work for the Onken Blog. Well I found out it was British net slang for cheap booze. NOT a good idea.
For the heck of it, I googled the word "blonk" and found this: http://www.jaapblonk.com/Pages/biography.html Some poor Dutch guy out there has that unfortunate name. But it was pretty funny to read his bio. Jaap Blonk and his band the Splinks.
And you MUST listen to one of his recordings. (Warning, do not have any drink in your mouth when you hear this: http://www.subdist.com/kontrans850.htm You have to click on the recording Oslo.)
Do people pay money for that? I mean, really. And he's a year older than me and dad. LOL!
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I'm so glad there are FREEEEE rights to his photographs!! Has anyone found more of them? I can't wait.
I'm glad I don't have speakers in my computer. The sound alone distorts my screen, so I know my ears would never survive it.
Post a Comment