Sunday, May 15, 2005

my day

I had a great day today, even though nothing went as i thought it would. We got up and had our usual morning conversation about what we plan on doing for the day. We were going to chruch and then going to the beach and then we were going to have to go to the ex relief presidents house for a long and boring dinner that I felt to mean to say no to.
I get to chruch late and alone standing outside the chapel looking for Nick. I can't find him anywhere! Then I see him, he is sitting on the stand getting ready to bless the sacrament and the first thing that comes to my mind is"oh great!" Poor me I was going to have to sit alone for the first part of the meeting! I hate that. Well I sat down and got out the hymn book and started reading the words to the song everybody was singing around me. That made me feel terible, here I was feeling sorry for myself because I had to sit alone! How lame am I? So i take the sacrament and said a prayer and felt the spirit take over. It ended up being one of the best meetings I have gone to for a long time.
Then we have to stay in the chapel because we are going to learn about family history work.Of couse the first thing that comes to my head now was "Ok this is going to be boring and I will fall asleep if they turn these lights off." Whats the first thing they do? Turn the lights off. And of course it ended up being a great lesion tought by our stake president. and to think i actually turned to Nick and said"why don't we leave now and go to the beach" I was 1/2 joking. And again proved wrong by the spirit.
Then we come home and get ready to go spend a nice sunny afternoon at the beach with our Ensigns. We get there and it is overcast and cold. Disapointed we come home and have a great afternoon together enjoying eachother.
Then the dreaded dinner comes. I have nothing in common with these people! What are we going to talk about? This was going to be very long and very boring. Well what comes to my mind now? The article Nick posted the other day about the Breakfast Club. So needless to say we had a great time. I am happy to say that I had a total attitude ajustment and after what I thought was going to very a sucky day ended up being one of the best days I've had for a while.
Well I hope you all had a great day also. Debi, I really like the sofa. Looks like it is just waiting for me to sit on it!
Oh this thrusday I'm teaching enrichment on hair. Anyone have any ideas?
And Natalie I thought you were going to call me about your hair!

2 comments:

Queen Bee said...

Jamie, I loved your post. Don't you just love days when everywhere you turn you are reminded of how much Heavenly Father is part of your life? I know I do. Sue Graff's fireside was great and lots of folks there from the WH ward, including Olsens, Arnells, Findlays, Nick Armstrong, oh and Julie O's folks who were in town because Julie graduated from her Master's program at CLU yesterday. Yeah Julie! And how amazing is it that Nick Olsen is going to the same mission as David A. Wild! Skyler, post a "real" post please.

Love mom

Martin said...

Sounds like a great day, but not a lazy day. Thanks for reminding me to look for goodness even when its wrapped in fish paper.
Love,
Martin