Saturday, June 04, 2005

Glad some people can sleep

So I am totally all alone and it's 1:25 a.m. and I'm not asleep as you can see. Tonight I decided to take myself to the movies but I didn't want to see anything that Dad might want to see with me so I watched Madagascar - which was very clever and had parts in there I know that no one under the age of 45 would get, including a reference to a great scene from Planet of the Apes (when Charlton Heston discovers the ruins of the Statute of Liberty "Da*n them") and a brief reference to the old Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man" (It's a cookbook, stupid!). I ate popcorn with butter on it and a whole bag of peanut M&M's and a large diet coke and when the movie was over I thought "what the heck" and I got a free refill of my diet coke and bought another ticket, this time to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I also got a "gourmet" pretzel for $4 (!!!!) dollars. So all that was my garbage dinner tonight. The Pants movie was entertaining, definitely a chick flick and one to go and see with your girlfriends. But I don't have any girlfriends that live nearby. Well, Lisa of course but this was such a spontaneous thing or I would have called her. The movie was filled with giggling teenyboppers. And when I got home I found that I had missed a visit from the Awesome Ones. Darn, darn, darn. Then I played several rounds of Snood (evil level) and then I spent some time reading more of my new friend Kacy's blog - including one entry in which she mentions a band called The Killers who has a lead singer who is a bad boy Mormon. So I found a website with some of their music and found that I really like their music and decided I should buy their CD next time I go out. Maybe tomorrow when I got get the ice cream (how about neopolitan?) for Break the fast. You know, maybe it's not just grad school that's putting the weight on me. Maybe it's serving in the Singles Ward!!!!! Or maybe it's going to the movies.

Did I mention that Skyler got a big packet from Westpoint in the mail? I burned it of course. :P

Okay maybe I'll try to go to bed now.

No comments: