Monday, June 13, 2005

WOW! What a Birthday

I can't tell you how much fun I had celebrating my birthday with you all yesterday!
OK, I will.
Among all the happy making things of life, there really is the GREATEST joy in your family. Part of that greatness is that despite the many issues in life we all have, sometime even with eachother, we are able to put them aside when something important comes up, like a birthday celebration. I helps me understand how much "nobility" we each have.
There really is a GREAT joy in sharing yourself with those who honor & have affection for you. I felt a lot of that yesterday.
There is GREAT joy in being grateful to family & friends who have done something for you, as you all did for me. Knowing it was given generously, without strings.
There is great joy in preparing and having it succeed, especially when you do it together.
There is GREAT joy in having your affection for eachother grow as you experience wholesome, events together.
There is GREAT joy in having a new member of the family, pitching in even with vacuuming the dreaded stairs! Thanks Jamie!!
There is GREAT joy in having Debi as my eternal spouse, I was reminded of that during several reflective moments these past two days.
Thank you again for the many really important gifts each of you gave me.
Some statistics:
SATAY: 20 lbs of pork butt (5 lbs of fat removed); cut into approx 1400 pieces, 1/2' each; enought to make 150-200 satays, actually made 360; 5 hrs for cutting, approx. 3 hrs putting the meat onto the sticks; 3 hrs to BBQ them;
Fried Wontons (Panceit): 5 lbs ground pork; 8 packages of wonton skins; enough to make 200 panceits, actually made over 400; started frying at 1:45, finsihed frying 6:15.
SODA: 13 bottles, & about 20 cans
Peanut sauce (Pitchil): I didn't see mom make it, but we bought 3 big jars of peanut butter, probably made more than 1 gallon;
Vegatables: I guess about 20 lbs here also, maybe more.
PEOPLE; we're guessing over 50 altogether
1st arriveal: Paul Church, about 2:45, 45 min early
last to leave: Tie, Blair & Nathan, around 11:30pm
Ate the most: my personal vote: Brian Anderson
Ate the least: Brea Haley (didn't eat alt all, I don't think)
Highest anxiety: Mom, she wanted it to be perfect for everyone, plus anticipating finals this week. Thanks, Babe!!
Lease anxiety: Punkin, we let her outside more & more, now. She's in heaven sunning herself.
Nicest surprise: Alecia helped a lot with clean up & entertaining Eli
Most beautiful women: Tie, Natalie, Chelsea, Jamie & Debi
Love you all.
Dad

No comments: